- Books/Videos on Sale (or Free) Today
- Select New Books and Courses
- New/Updated Safari Books and Courses
- New/Updated Pluralsight Courses
These deals are good for today only, so be sure to take advantage of the pricing before the offers expire.
Free Packt eBook by Dinesh Priyankara, Robert C. Cain (valid through 10/28 at 19:00 EST). This book covers SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services, SQL Server 2016, Microsoft Power BI, Business Intelligence, SharePoint, .NET.
Create interactive cross-platform reports and dashboards using SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services comes with many new features. It offers different types of reporting such as Production, Ad-hoc, Dashboard, Mash-up, and Analytical. SQL Server 2016 also has a surfeit of new features including Mobile Reporting, and Power BI integration.
This book contains recipes that explore the new and advanced features added to SQL Server 2016. The first few chapters cover recipes on configuring components and how to explore these new features. You’ll learn to build your own reporting solution with data tools and report builder, along with learning techniques to create visually appealing reports. This book also has recipes for enhanced mobile reporting solutions, accessing these solutions effectively, and delivering interactive business intelligence solutions. Towards the end of the book, you’ll get to grips with running reporting services in SharePoint integrated mode and be able to administer, monitor, and secure your reporting solution.
This book covers about the new offerings of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services in comprehensive detail and uses examples of real-world problem-solving business scenarios.
What You Will Learn
- Key capabilities, architecture, and components of Reporting Services
- New features that have been added to Reporting Services
- Design the architecture for reporting solutions
- Design the architecture for BI solutions
- Implement reporting solutions using Reporting Services
- Improve the performance, availability, and scalability of the reporting solution
- Enhance reporting solutions with custom programming and improved security
About the Authors
Dinesh Priyankara is an experienced professional and database enthusiast with skills in database management systems and business intelligence, especially on the Microsoft SQL Server product suite. Possessing over 16 years of experience on data related technologies, he does training, consulting, and is a top contributor to the local SQL Server community. In recognition of his contributions and expertise he has demonstrated, he was awarded the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award for SQL Server for 11 consecutive years since 2006.
Dinesh is the Founder/Principal Architect of dinesQL (Pvt) Ltd (http://dinesql.com), a company that provides services on database, business intelligence, and training. In his spare time, he runs a blog at http://dinesql.blogspot.com with a follower base of over 100,000 from around the world and is a co-organizer of SQL Server Sri Lanka User Group (http://www.meetup.com/ssslug/).
Even though he has written many articles on the database area, this is his first official book as a co-author.
Robert C. Cain (http://arcanecode.com) is a Microsoft MVP, MCTS Certified in BI, and is the owner of Arcane Training and Consulting, LLC. He is also a course author for Pluralsight, with over 11 courses to his credit. Robert is a team mate at Linchpin People, and co-author of four books.
A popular speaker, Robert has presented at events such as the SQL PASS Summit, IT/Dev Connections, TechEd, CodeStock, and numerous SQL Saturdays. Robert has over 25 years’ experience in the IT industry, working in a variety of fields including manufacturing, insurance, telecommunications and nuclear power.
$9.99 Become ITIL Foundation Certified in 7 Days Learning ITIL Made Simple with Real-life Examples
$9.99 Apress eBook by Abhinav Kaiser. This book covers ITIL, ITIL Foundation, Service Management, Continual Service Improvement.
- Real life IT examples make the ITIL topics interesting and provide deep rooted understanding of the topic
- Timed course for becoming ITIL foundation certification ready in 7 days
- ITIL Foundation examination tips and sample questions that provide practical aid in answering and passing the certification exam
Pass the ITIL Foundation examination by learning the basics of ITIL and working through real-life examples. This book breaks the course down for studying in 7 days with 3 hours a day, which means at the end of a week you are ready to pass the exam. You’ll also see tips and an array of sample questions, as well as FAQs on ITIL. All this will prepare you for the examination and give you the knowledge required to pass with flying colors.
After using Become ITIL Foundation Certified in 7 Days and earning the ITIL Foundation certification, you’ll be well placed to get the career you always wanted.
What You Will Learn
- Gain ITIL basics – the entire syllabus designed of the ITIL Foundation certification
- Obtain a deep-rooted understanding of ITIL topics and not textbook knowledge
- Prepare for the ITIL Foundation examination
- Sort out career-related queries and decide whether ITIL will aid your career
Who This Book Is For
IT professionals from the IT services industry are the primary audience.
About the Author
Abhinav Kaiser works as a management consultant for a top consulting firm. He works with various organizations to implement ITIL processes and improve existing implementations thereby creating value. He is certified ITIL Expert and his name is strongly associated with ITIL service management framework. Abhinav is an accredited ITIL trainer and has delivered numerous classroom trainings. He has also been involved as a reviewer for ITIL video training content for a leading video training organization. He lives in Sydney, Australia.
50% off Half Off All eBooks
50% off Manning’s eBooks Half Off All eBooks.
Use code HALLOWEENEB50 at checkout before this deal expires.
Practical Python Design Patterns Pythonic Solutions to Common Problems by Wessel Badenhorst. This book covers Python, Design Patterns, Singleton Pattern, Prototype Pattern, Factory Pattern, Builder Pattern, Adapter Pattern, Decorator Pattern, Facade Pattern, Proxy Pattern, Chain of Responsibility Pattern, Command Pattern, Interpreter Pattern, Iterator Pattern, Observer Pattern, State Pattern, Strategy Pattern, Template Method Pattern, Visitor Pattern, Model-View-Controller Pattern, Publish–Subscribe Pattern.
- Implement 17 different design patterns to address specific situations
- Learn how to write cleaner, more efficient “Pythonic” code
- Master both traditional object-oriented design patterns and Python-specific design patterns
Become a better, more productive programmer through a series of projects that will help you deeply understand and master each of the design patterns covered. In this book you will learn to write elegant “Pythonic” code to solve common programming problems. You will also experience design thinking, by identifying design patterns that would be helpful given a specific problem or situation.
Python is eating the world. In recent years it has become so much more than a mere object-oriented, scripting language. Design patterns help you think of and solve problems in chunks. They help you to stand on the shoulders of the giants who have come before, instead of having to reinvent the wheel.
What You Will Learn
- Craft cleaner code
- Increase your effectiveness as a programmer
- Write more “Pythonic” code
- Solve bigger problems
- Discover optimal solutions to common problems, done in a way that is uniquely “Pythonic.”
Who This Book Is For
Programmers who are comfortable with Python. It is also guide for people who have mastered other programming languages and who want to make the transition to Python.
About the Author
Wessel Badenhorst is deeply passionate about the process of attaining mastery, especially in the field of programming. The combination of a BSc in computer science and extensive experience in the real world gives him a balanced and practical perspective on programming, and the road every programmer must walk.
Business Expert Press
- 21st Century Skills for Non-Profit Managers (Book) by Don Macdonald
- Agile Human Resources (Book) by Kelly Swingler
- Welcome to My Trading Room, Volume III (Book) by Jacques Magliolo
- Perception and Imaging, 5th Edition (Book) by Richard D. Zakia, John Suler
- Photocommunication Across Media (Book) by ROSS COLLINS, Keith Greenwood
- The Art of Type and Typography (Book) by Mary Jo Krysinski
- 70 -488 DEVELOPING SHAREPOINT 2013 CORE SOLUTIONS (Video) by iCollege
- MICROSOFT 70-337: MCSE COMMUNICATION - LYNC SERVER (Video) by iCollege
- Microsoft 70-432: SQL Server 2008 Implementation and Maintenance (Video) by iCollege
- Creativity in Workforce Development and Innovation: Emerging Research and Opportunities (Research Insight) (Book) by Sally Blake, Candice M. Burkett
- Digital Marketing Strategies for Fashion and Luxury Brands (Book) by Wilson Ozuem, Yllka Azemi
- Global Practices in Knowledge Management for Societal and Organizational Development (Book) by Neeta Baporikar
- Handbook of Research on Mobile Technology, Constructivism, and Meaningful Learning (Book) by Jared Keengwe
- Handbook of Research on Pedagogies and Cultural Considerations for Young English Language Learners (Book) by Grace Onchwari, Jared Keengwe
- Socio-Economic and Education Factors Impacting American Political Systems: Emerging Research and Opportunities (Research Insight) (Book) by Pamela Hampton-Garland, Lisa Sechrest-Ehrhardt, Benson George Cooke
- Supporting Multiculturalism in Open and Distance Learning Spaces (Book) by Elif Toprak, Evrim Genc Kumtepe
- Design Management (Book) by David Hands
- International Human Resource Management (Book) by Daniel Wintersberger
- Investment and Portfolio Management (Book) by Ian Pagdin, Michelle Hardy
- Supply Chain Risk Management, 2nd Edition (Book) by John Manners-Bell
- Warehouse Management, 3rd Edition (Book) by Gwynne Richards
MIT Sloan Management Review
- A Data-Driven Approach to Identifying Future Leaders (Book) by Stacey Philpot, Kelly Monahan, Anh Nguyen Phillips
- Building a Winning Business Model Portfolio (Book) by Paolo Aversa, Stefan Haefliger, Danielle G. Reza
- Choosing Scope Over Focus (Book) by Richard D’Aveni, John Landry
- Developing Innovative Solutions Through Internal Crowdsourcing (Book) by Arvind Malhotra, Ann Majchrzak, Lâle Kesebi, Sean Looram
- How to Catalyze Innovation in Your Organization (Book) by Rob Cross, Michael Arena, Jonathan Sims, Mary Uhl-Bien
- Mastering the Make-in-India Challenge (Book) by Haritha Saranga, Ram Mudambi, Andreas P.J. Schotter
- Rethinking the East Asian Leadership Gap (Book) by Winter Nie, Jean-Louis Barsoux, Daphne Xiao
- Seeing Beyond the Blockchain Hype (Book) by Paul Michelman
- Supply Chains Built for Speed and Customization (Book) by ManMohan S Sodhi, Christopher S. Tang
- The Best Response to Digital Disruption (Book) by Jacques Bughin, Nicolas van Zeebroeck
- The End of Corporate Culture As We Know It (Book) by Paul Michelman
- The Flare and Focus of Successful Futurists (Book) by Amy Webb
- The Jobs That Artificial Intelligence Will Create (Book) by H James Wilson, Paul Daugherty, Nicola Bianzino
- The Missing Piece in Performance Development (Book) by Nik Kinley, Shlomo Ben-Hur
- The Power of Consumer Stories in Digital Marketing (Book) by Glen L. Urban, Renee Gosline, Jeff Lee
- The Question Every Executive Should Ask (Book) by Paul Michelman
- Using Scenario Planning to Reshape Strategy (Book) by Rafael Ramirez, Steve Churchhouse, Jonas Hoffman, Alejandra Palermo
- Mathematical Modeling for Underground Coal Gasification (Book) by Preeti Aghalayam
O’Reilly Media, Inc.
- CSS: The Definitive Guide, 4th Edition (Book) by Estelle Weyl, Eric A. Meyer
- High Performance Spark (Book) by Holden Karau, Rachel Warren
- Learning HTTP/2 (Book) by Stephen Ludin, Javier Garza
- Advanced Tools and Techniques Beyond Base R (Video) by Dr. David Wilkins
- Automated UI Testing in Android (Video) by Mykola Kolisnyk
- Compass - powerful SASS library that makes your life easier (Video) by Arkadiusz Włodarczyk
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals; FC0-U51. The Total Course (Video) by Total Seminars, Scott Jernigan
- Docker Swarm Advanced: Centralized Logging and Monitoring (Video) by Alberto Guimarães Viana
- GRUNT js: Automate web development tasks and save your time (Video) by Arkadiusz Włodarczyk
- IBM SPSS Modeler Essentials (Video) by Jesus Salcedo, Keith McCormick
- Progressive Web Apps with React (Book) by Scott Domes
- Python GUI Programming Recipes using PyQt5 (Video) by Burkhard Meier
- Unity 5 AI and Physics (Video) by Dr. Edward Lavieri
- iPad and iPhone Tips and Tricks: Covers all iPhones and iPads running iOS 11, 7th Edition (Book) by Jason R. Rich
- My iPhone: Covers all iPhones running iOS, 11th Edition (Book) by Brad Miser
Stone River eLearning
- Cryptography for Hackers (Video) by Chad Russell
- Java SE 8 Certification (Video) by Funny Code
- Penetration Testing the Right Way (Video) by Chad Russell
- Scaling Docker for AWS (Video) by Nick Janetakis
- Building a Web App with ASP.NET Core, MVC 6, EF Core, and Angular (Video) by Shawn Wildermuth
- Building Websites with Bulma (Video) by Gary Simon
- Play by Play Developing Engaging Digital Reality Experiences (Video) by Lars Klint and Stephen Haunts
- Unity Gameplay Programming Fundamentals (Video) by Joshua Kinney