These deals are good for today only, so be sure to take advantage of the pricing before the offers expire.
Free Packt eBook by Alberto Boschetti, Luca Massaron (valid through 10/29 at 19:00 EST). This book covers Data Science, Python, Data Munging, Data Pipeline, Machine Learning, Data Analysis, Social Network Analysis, Jupyter, pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, Statsmodels, Beautiful Soup, NetworkX, NLTK, Gensim, PyPy, XGBoost, Theano, Keras, Natural Language Processing, Unsupervised Learning.
Become an efficient data science practitioner by understanding Python’s key concepts
Fully expanded and upgraded, the second edition of Python Data Science Essentials takes you through all you need to know to suceed in data science using Python. Get modern insight into the core of Python data, including the latest versions of Jupyter notebooks, NumPy, pandas and scikit-learn. Look beyond the fundamentals with beautiful data visualizations with Seaborn and ggplot, web development with Bottle, and even the new frontiers of deep learning with Theano and TensorFlow.
Dive into building your essential Python 3.5 data science toolbox, using a single-source approach that will allow to to work with Python 2.7 as well. Get to grips fast with data munging and preprocessing, and all the techniques you need to load, analyse, and process your data. Finally, get a complete overview of principal machine learning algorithms, graph analysis techniques, and all the visualization and deployment instruments that make it easier to present your results to an audience of both data science experts and business users.
What You Will Learn
- Set up your data science toolbox using a Python scientific environment on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Get data ready for your data science project
- Manipulate, fix, and explore data in order to solve data science problems
- Set up an experimental pipeline to test your data science hypotheses
- Choose the most effective and scalable learning algorithm for your data science tasks
- Optimize your machine learning models to get the best performance
- Explore and cluster graphs, taking advantage of interconnections and links in your data
About the Authors
Alberto Boschetti is a data scientist with expertise in signal processing and statistics. He holds a PhD in telecommunication engineering and currently lives and works in London. In his work projects, he faces challenges ranging from natural language processing (NLP), behavioral analysis, and machine learning to distributed processing. He is very passionate about his job and always tries to stay updated about the latest developments in data science technologies, attending meet-ups, conferences, and other events.
Luca Massaron is a data scientist and marketing research director specializing in multivariate statistical analysis, machine learning, and customer insight, with over a decade of experience of solving real-world problems and generating value for stakeholders by applying reasoning, statistics, data mining, and algorithms. From being a pioneer of web audience analysis in Italy to achieving the rank of a top ten Kaggler, he has always been very passionate about every aspect of data and its analysis, and also about demonstrating the potential of data-driven knowledge discovery to both experts and non-experts. Favoring simplicity over unnecessary sophistication, Luca believes that a lot can be achieved in data science just by doing the essentials.
$9.99 Custom Raspberry Pi Interfaces Design and build hardware interfaces for the Raspberry Pi
$9.99 Apress eBook by Warren Gay. This book covers Raspberry Pi, C++.
- First Raspberry Pi title focused solely on hardware interface design and construction
- Written by an established author with a track record of successfully writing about the Pi
Design and build custom hardware interfaces for the Raspberry Pi and discover low cost display and sensor options for embedded system projects.
With this book you’ll master 12C communications using Raspbian Linux in C++ and perform ADC and DAC experiments. You’ll experiment with debounce buttons and switches using hardware and software solutions. Develop flywheel rotary encoder effects for ease of tuning and construct a hardware interface to the Music Playing Daemon (MPD) with developed software. Discover how to add your own hardware keypad for remote combination lock applications.
Custom Raspberry Pi Interfaces offers a thorough chapter on interfacing 5-volt systems to 3.3-volt Raspberry Pis designed to expand your choice of peripheral options. Ready to go C++ programs involving GPIO and I2C peripherals are provided. This book also explores ADC, DAC, rotary encoders, CMOS shift registers. I2C I/O extenders.
What you’ll learn:
- Build simple, low cost input/output interfaces including rotary encoders
- Interface with 5-volt devices from a 3-volt Raspberry Pi system
- Apply analog to digital and digital to analog conversions on the Pi
- Read potentiometers (volume control) from the Pi
- Determine step, directions, and velocity of a rotary encoder
- Perform remote interfacing using the I2 PCF8574 chip
- Work with external CMOS devices like the 74HC595 (in C++)
Who this book is for:
Students and hobbyists interested in building custom interfaces for their Raspberry Pis.
About the Author
Warren Gay has been an electronics enthusiast since childhood and often dragged discarded TV sets home after school. In high school he learned to program the IBM-1130 and then pursued a career in software development at Ryerson Polytechnical, in Toronto. Since then he has worked professionally for over 30 years, mainly in C/C++, under Unix and Linux. Meanwhile, the love of electronics has never faded since the early creation of his home-brewed Intel 8008 system in the 70’s to the present day projects employing the Raspberry Pi. Warren also holds an advanced amateur radio license and was able to work the Mir space station (U2MIR) using packet radio in August 1991.He’s authored other books including Sams Teach Yourself Linux in 24 Hours, Linux Socket Programming by Example, and Advanced Unix Programming.
45% off Learn Python 3 the Hard Way
45% off InformIT eBook by Zed A. Shaw. This book covers Python 3, Object-Oriented Programming, Flask.
You Will Learn Python 3!
Zed Shaw has perfected the world’s best system for learning Python 3. Follow it and you will succeed—just like the millions of beginners Zed has taught to date! You bring the discipline, commitment, and persistence; the author supplies everything else.
In Learn Python 3 the Hard Way, you’ll learn Python by working through 52 brilliantly crafted exercises. Read them. Type their code precisely. (No copying and pasting!) Fix your mistakes. Watch the programs run. As you do, you’ll learn how a computer works; what good programs look like; and how to read, write, and think about code. Zed then teaches you even more in 5+ hours of video where he shows you how to break, fix, and debug your code—live, as he’s doing the exercises.
- Install a complete Python environment
- Organize and write code
- Fix and break code
- Basic mathematics
- Strings and text
- Interact with users
- Work with files
- Looping and logic
- Data structures using lists and dictionaries
- Program design
- Object-oriented programming
- Inheritance and composition
- Modules, classes, and objects
- Python packaging
- Automated testing
- Basic game development
- Basic web development
It’ll be hard at first. But soon, you’ll just get it—and that will feel great! This course will reward you for every minute you put into it. Soon, you’ll know one of the world’s most powerful, popular programming languages. You’ll be a Python programmer.
This Book Is Perfect For
- Total beginners with zero programming experience
- Junior developers who know one or two languages
- Returning professionals who haven’t written code in years
- Seasoned professionals looking for a fast, simple, crash course in Python 3
About the Author
Zed A. Shaw is the author of the popular online books Learn Python the Hard Way, Learn Ruby the Hard Way, and Learn C the Hard Way. He is also the creator of several open source software projects like Mongrel, Lamson, Mongrel2, and has been programming and writing for nearly 20 years.
50% off Half Off All Print Books
50% off Manning’s Print Books Half Off All Print Books.
Use code HALLOWEENPB50 at checkout before this deal expires.
Cambridge University Press
- Topics in Computational Number Theory Inspired by Peter L. Montgomery (Book) by Joppe W. Bos, Arjen K. Lenstra
- Cisco 100-101: CCENT - ICND1 - Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (Video) by iCollege
- Microsoft 70-409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center (Video) by iCollege
- Microsoft 70-685 Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Video) by iCollege
- Microsoft Excel 2016 (Video) by iCollege
- Microsoft Outlook 2016 (Video) by iCollege
- Microsoft Powerpoint 2016 (Video) by iCollege
- Microsoft Word 2016 (Video) by iCollege
John Wiley & Sons
- 10 Steps to a Digital Practice in the Cloud, 2nd Edition (Book) by John H. Higgins, Bryan L. Smith
- AICPA Guide (Book) by AICPA
- Becoming a Contract Controller (Book) by Ron Rael
- Can I Have Your Attention? (Book) by Curt Steinhorst, Jonathan McKee
- CGMA Exam - Case Study Guide (Book) by John Wiley & Sons
- Communications (Book) by James Carberry
- Compensation as a Strategic Asset (Book) by August J. Aquila, Coral L. Rice
- Complete Guide to the CITP Body of Knowledge (Book) by Tommie W. Singleton
- CWTS, CWS, and CWT Complete Study Guide (Book) by Robert J. Bartz
- ESOPs (Book) by Scott D Miller
- Generation Impact (Book) by Sharna Goldseker, Michael Moody
- Influence Without Authority, 3rd Edition (Book) by Allan R. Cohen, David L. Bradford
- It All Matters (Book) by Paul Cummings
- J.K. Lasser’s 1001 Deductions and Tax Breaks 2018 (Book) by Barbara Weltman
- J.K. Lasser’s Small Business Taxes 2018 (Book) by Barbara Weltman
- JMP Connections (Book) by John Wubbel
- Leading An Accounting Firm (Book) by Troy Waugh
- Marketing Management For Non-Marketing Managers (Book) by Heather Fitzpatrick
- Nikon D7500 For Dummies (Book) by Julie Adair King
- Performance Is Everything (Book) by August J. Aquila, Coral L. Rice
- Podcasting For Dummies, 3rd Edition (Book) by Tee Morris, Chuck Tomasi
- Profit Driven Business Analytics (Book) by Wouter Verbeke, Bart Baesens, Cristian Bravo
- Resisting Corporate Corruption, 3rd Edition (Book) by Stephen V. Arbogast
- Strategic Business Management (Book) by Gary Cokins
- Strategy and Risk Management (Book) by Ron Rael
- Take Your Marketing Online! (Book) by Bonnie Buol Ruszczyk, Kelly Lucas, Sarah Warlick
- The 7 Secrets of Neuron Leadership (Book) by W. Craig Reed, Gordon R. England
- The Circle Blueprint (Book) by Jack Skeen, Greg Miller, Aaron Hill
- The Growth Mindset (Book) by Rick Capozzi
- The Little Book of Common Sense Investing, Updated and Revised (Book) by John C. Bogle
- The Official BBC Micro:bit User Guide (Book) by Gareth Halfacree
- The Traits of Today’s CFO (Book) by Ron Rael
- You Are the Value (Book) by Leo J. Pusateri
- Windows PowerShell in Action, Third Edition (Book) by Bruce Payette Richard Siddaway
- Building Effective Microservices (Video) by Diego Pacheco
- Getting Started with Visual Studio 2017, C# 7.0, and Source Control (Video) by Kunal Chowdhury
- Learning Pivotal Cloud Foundry for Web Developers (Video) by Braithe E.S. Warnock
- MongoDB Administrator’s Guide (Book) by Cyrus Dasadia
- Software-Defined Networking with OpenFlow - Second Edition (Book) by Oswald Coker, Siamak Azodolmolky
- My iPad, Tenth Edition (Book) by Gary Rosenzweig