- Books/Videos on Sale (or Free) Today
- New/Updated Safari Books and Courses
- New/Updated Pluralsight Courses
These deals are good for today only, so be sure to take advantage of the pricing before the offers expire.
Free Packt eBook by Prateek Joshi (valid through 11/21 at 19:00 EST). This book covers Artificial Intelligence, Python 3, Supervised Learning, Ensemble Learning, Unsupervised Learning, Recommender Systems, Logic Programming, Heuristic Search, Genetic Algorithms, Game Development, Natural Language Processing, Probabilistic Reasoning, Computer Vision, Artificial Neural Networks, Speech Recognizer, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, Convolutional Neural Network.
Build real-world Artificial Intelligence applications with Python to intelligently interact with the world around you
Artificial Intelligence is becoming increasingly relevant in the modern world where everything is driven by technology and data. It is used extensively across many fields such as search engines, image recognition, robotics, finance, and so on. We will explore various real-world scenarios in this book and you’ll learn about various algorithms that can be used to build Artificial Intelligence applications.
During the course of this book, you will find out how to make informed decisions about what algorithms to use in a given context. Starting from the basics of Artificial Intelligence, you will learn how to develop various building blocks using different data mining techniques. You will see how to implement different algorithms to get the best possible results, and will understand how to apply them to real-world scenarios. If you want to add an intelligence layer to any application that’s based on images, text, stock market, or some other form of data, this exciting book on Artificial Intelligence will definitely be your guide!
What You Will Learn
- Realize different classification and regression techniques
- Understand the concept of clustering and how to use it to automatically segment data
- See how to build an intelligent recommender system
- Understand logic programming and how to use it
- Build automatic speech recognition systems
- Understand the basics of heuristic search and genetic programming
- Develop games using Artificial Intelligence
- Learn how reinforcement learning works
- Discover how to build intelligent applications centered on images, text, and time series data
- See how to use deep learning algorithms and build applications based on it
About the Author
Prateek Joshi is an Artificial Intelligence researcher, the author of 8 published books, and a TEDx speaker. He is the founder of Pluto AI, a venture-funded Silicon Valley startup building an intelligence platform for water facilities. His tech blog has received 1.5M+ page views from 200+ countries and has 7,400+ followers. He has been an invited speaker at conferences such as TEDx, Global Big Data Conference, Sensors Expo, and Machine Learning Developers Conference. He has won many hackathon prizes, including at Facebook. He has been featured on CNBC, TechCrunch, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Business Journal, and many more publications. He graduated from University of Southern California with a Masters degree specializing in Artificial Intelligence. He has previously worked at Nvidia and Microsoft Research. You can learn more about him on his personal website.
$9.99 PHP and MySQL Recipes A Problem-Solution Approach
$9.99 Apress eBook by Frank M. Kromann. This book covers PHP 7, MySQL.
- Comes with complete code for all of the common coding problems you are likely to face when using PHP and MySQL together
- Includes over 200 recipes and covers numerous topics
- Useful for all levels of experience in PHP and MySQL
Gain instant solutions, including countless pieces of useful code that you can copy and paste into your own applications, giving you answers fast and saving you hours of coding time. You can also use this book as a reference to the most important aspects of the latest PHP scripting language, including the vital functions you know and love from previous versions of PHP, as well as the functions introduced in PHP 7.
PHP and MySQL Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach supplies you with complete code for all of the common coding problems you are likely to face when using PHP and MySQL together in your day-to-day web application development. This invaluable guide includes over 200 recipes and covers numerous topics. What you hold in your hands is the answer to all your PHP 7 needs.
Furthermore, this book explains the PHP functionality in detail, including the vastly improved object-oriented capabilities and the new MySQL database extension. PHP and MySQL Recipes will be a useful and welcome companion throughout your career as a web developer, keeping you on the cutting edge of PHP development, ahead of the competition, and giving you all the answers you need, when you need them.
What You’ll Learn
- Work with arrays, dates and times, strings, files and directories, and dynamic imaging
- Write regular expressions in PHP
- Use the variables and functions found in PHP
Who This Book Is For
Experienced PHP and MySQL programmers and web developers who have at least some PHP and MySQL programming experience.
About the Author
He has contributed several PHP extensions over the years and has been a member of the PHP development team since 1997. Previous publications included several articles in PHP Magazine and he was the co-author on PHP 5 Recipes.
Frank M. Kromann has held managing positions for more than 20 years, leading both smaller and larger teams in development and implementation of business systems and processes utilizing databases and programming. He is currently an Engineering Manager at Panasonic Avionics and the CEO and co-founder of Web by Pixel, Inc.
He holds a Master of Science degree in electrical engineering from the Technical University of Denmark.
50% off Manning’s eBook by Don Jones, Jeffery Hicks. This book covers PowerShell.
Discover how scripting is different from command-line PowerShell, as you explore concrete hands-on examples in this handy guide. The book includes and expands on many of the techniques presented in Learn PowerShell Toolmaking in a Month of Lunches.
About the technology
Automate it! With Microsoft’s PowerShell language, you can write scripts to control nearly every aspect of Windows. Just master a few straightforward scripting skills, and you’ll be able to eliminate repetitive manual tasks, create custom reusable tools, and build effective pipelines and workflows. Once you start scripting in PowerShell, you’ll be amazed at how many opportunities you’ll find to save time and effort.
About the book
Learn PowerShell Scripting in a Month of Lunches teaches you how to expand your command-line PowerShell skills into effective scripts and tools. In 27 bite-size lessons, you’ll discover instantly useful techniques for writing efficient code, finding and squashing bugs, organizing your scripts into libraries, and much more. Advanced scripters will even learn to access the .NET Framework, store data long term, and create nice user interfaces.
- Designing functions and scripts
- Effective pipeline usage
- Dealing with errors and bugs
- Professional-grade scripting practices
About the reader
Written for devs and IT pros comfortable with PowerShell and Windows.
About the author
Don Jones is a PowerShell MVP, speaker, and trainer who has written dozens of books on information technology topics. Jeffery Hicks is a PowerShell MVP and an independent consultant, trainer, and author. Don and Jeff coauthored Manning’s Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Learn PowerShell Toolmaking in a Month of Lunches, and PowerShell in Depth.
GET MORE WITH MANNING
An eBook copy of the previous edition, Learn PowerShell Toolmaking in a Month of Lunches, is included at no additional cost. It will be automatically added to your Manning account within 24 hours of purchase.
50% off Manning’s eBook by Don Jones, Jeffery Hicks. This book covers Windows PowerShell.
Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Third Edition is an innovative tutorial designed for busy IT professionals. This updated edition covers PowerShell features that run on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and later, PowerShell v3 and later, and includes v5 features like PowerShellGet.
About the technology
PowerShell is both a scripting language and an administrative shell that lets you control and automate nearly every aspect of Windows. It accepts and executes commands interactively and you can write scripts to manage most Windows servers like Exchange, IIS, and SharePoint, as well as online services like Azure and Office 365.
About the book
Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Third Edition is an innovative tutorial designed for busy IT professionals. Just set aside one hour a day - lunchtime would be perfect - for a month, and you’ll be automating Windows tasks faster than you ever thought possible. This updated edition covers PowerShell features that run on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and later, PowerShell v3 and later, and includes v5 features like PowerShellGet.
- Learn PowerShell from the beginning, no experience required!
- Covers PowerShell v3 and up, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 and later
- Each lesson takes you an hour or less
About the reader
Experience with Windows administration is helpful. No programming or scripting experience needed.
About the authors
Veteran PowerShell MVPs Don Jones and Jeffery Hicks bring years as successful trainers to this concise, easy-to-follow book.
GET MORE WITH MANNING
An eBook copy of the previous edition, Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Second Edition, is included at no additional cost. It will be automatically added to your Manning Bookshelf within 24 hours of purchase.
50% off Manning’s eBook by Don Jones. This book covers SQL Server, Database Administration.
Learn SQL Server Administration in a Month of Lunches is the perfect way to get started with SQL Server operations, including maintenance, backup and recovery, high availability, and performance monitoring. In about an hour a day over a month, you’ll learn exactly what you can do, and what you shouldn’t touch. Most importantly, you’ll learn the day-to-day tasks and techniques you need to keep SQL Server humming along smoothly.
About the book
Microsoft SQL Server is used by millions of businesses, ranging in size from Fortune 500s to small shops worldwide. Whether you’re just getting started as a DBA, supporting a SQL Server-driven application, or you’ve been drafted by your office as the SQL Server admin, you do not need a thousand-page book to get up and running.
Learn SQL Server Administration in a Month of Lunches is the perfect way to get started with SQL Server. This concise, easy-to-read book skips academic introductions and teaches you day-to-day techniques for maintenance, backup and recovery, performance monitoring, and more. Each of the 21 short lessons gives you practical takeaways you’ll use over and over.
- Master the basics – indexes, logins, backup, recovery… and more
- Learn what you can and cannot do when supporting a third-party application
- Monitor and improve performance
- Written by expert trainer and bestselling author Don Jones
About the author
Don Jones is a Microsoft MVP, speaker, and trainer. He is the creator of the Month of Lunches series and author of over 50 books on PowerShell, IIS, Active Directory, SCCM, SQL Server, and more.
- Advanced Game Design (Book) by Michael Sellers
- Pervasive Communications Handbook (Book) by Syed Ali Shah, Mohammad Ilyas, Hussein T. Mouftah
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Study Guide, Third Edition (Exam SY0-501), 3rd Edition (Book) by Glen E. Clarke
- Mike Meyers’ CompTIA Security+ Certification Passport, Fifth Edition (Exam SY0-501), 5th Edition (Book) by Dawn Dunkerley
- Supply Chain Strategy, Second Edition: Unleash the Power of Business Integration to Maximize Financial, Service, and Operations Performance, 2nd Edition (Book) by Edward H. Frazelle
O’Reilly Media, Inc.
- CSS: The Definitive Guide, 4th Edition (Book) by Eric A. Meyer, Estelle Weyl
- Practical Tableau (Book) by Ryan Sleeper
- Complete MATLAB Tutorial: Go from Beginner to Pro (Video) by Nouman Azam
- TFS 2017 Developer Features (Video) by Paul Hacker
- The Full Stack Web Development (Video) by Eduonix
Stone River eLearning
- AWS MasterClass: DevOps with AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) (Video) by Manuj Agarwal
- CATIA V5 Essentials: Editing Errors and Design Changes (Video) by Aditya Chandurkar
- Extending AEM Foundations (Video) by Daniel Klco and Adobe Digital Learning Services
- Firebase on Android: Real-time Database and Cloud Storage (Video) by Mitch Tabian
- Implementing and Performing Vulnerability Management (Video) by Dale Meredith
- Play by Play: Battle of the Salesforce IDEs (Video) by Robert Watson and Don Robins
- Writing and Testing Precompiled Azure Functions in Visual Studio 2017 (Video) by Jason Roberts
- Writing Burp Suite Macros and Plugins (Video) by Sunny Wear